Provided by : Kings Engineering College - Adayar,Chennai-20
2. Define Electron volts.
3. What is atomic number?
4. What are valence electrons?
5. What is forbidden energy gap?
6. What are conductors? Give examples?
7. What are insulators? Give examples?
8. Give the energy band structure of conductor.
9. What are Semiconductors? Give examples?
10. What are the types of Semiconductor?
11. What is Intrinsic Semiconductor?
12. What is Extrinsic Semiconductor?
13. What are the types of Extrinsic Semiconductor?
14. What is P-type Semiconductor?
15. What is N-type Semiconductor?
16. What is doping?
17. Which charge carriers is majority and minority carrier in N-type Semiconductor?
18. Which charge carriers is majority and minority carrier in P-type Semiconductor?
19. Define drift current?
20. Define mean life time of a hole or and electron.
21. What is the other name of continuity equation? What does it indicate?
22. What is depletion region in PN junction?
23. Give the other names of depletion region?
24. What is barrier potential?
25. What is meant by biasing a PN junction?
26. What are the types of biasing a PN junction?
27. What is forward bias and reverse bias in a PN junction?
28. What is meant by reverse recovery time?
29. What are break down diodes?
30. What is break down? What are its types?
31. What is zener breakdown?
32. What is avalanche break down?
33. What is a tunnel diode?
34. What is tunneling phenomenon?
35. What is a schottky diode?
36. Why do we choose q point at the center of the load line?
37. List out the different types of biasing.
38. What do you meant by thermal runway?
39. Why transistor called a current controlled device?
40. 40 .Define current amplification factor?
41. What are the requirements for biasing circuits?
42. When does a transistor act as a switch?
43. What is biasing?
44. What is operating point?
45. What is stability factor?
46. What is d.c load line?
47. What is a.c load line?
2. Explain the forward and revere bias operation and VI characteristics of a PN junction
3. (a) Derive the current equation.
(b) Discuss the current components of PN junction diode.
4. Explain the characteristics and applications of varactor diode.
5. (a) Explain the characteristics and applications of zener diode.
(b) Explain the mechanism of avalanche and zener break down.
6. Explain the working principle & characteristics of tunnel diode.
7. Explain the structure, characteristics and applications of Schottky diode.
8. Explain the operation of PNP & NPN transistor.
9. Explain the input and output characteristics of CE configurations in NPN transistors.