Department of Biomedical Engineering
BIOCHEMISTRY AND HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY LAB
VIVA VOCE QUESTIONS
- Biological importance of Carbohydrate
- What is the difference between reducing and non reducing sugar?
- What is the confirmation test for monosaccharide?
- What is the significance of osazone?
- Biological importance of Lipids
- Difference between essential and nonessential amino acids
- Give eg for semi essential amino acids
- What is meant by Partition coefficient?
- Basic principle of Chromatography
- What is the choice of stationary phase and mobile phase in
- Basic principle of Electrophoresis
- What is the normal value of hemoglobin in women?
- List out the normal value of Lipid profile
- List out the risk factor for atherosclerosis
- What is meant PCV?
- What is meant by MCH, MCV?
- What is the role PMNL?
- What is the level of fasting blood glucose?
- What is the difference between ketose and aldose sugar?
- What is the use of blank in colorimetric estimation?
- How to prepare a 4N solution?
- What is normality, molality, molarity?
- Define Beer – Lamberts law
- Give an eg for basic amino acids
- What is the normal concentration of blood cholesterol?
- What is meant by oligosaccharide ? give eg
- What is meant by polysaccharide ? give eg
- What is meant by monosaccharide ? give eg
- What is meant by ketogenic amino acid ?
- What is meant by glucogenic amino acid ?
- Give examples for glucogenic and ketogenic aminoacid
- classification of carbohydrates
- classification of Lipids
- classification of Proteins
- classification of amino acids
- lipoprotein classification and its function
- Define enzyme
- Define active site
- Define specificity of enzymes
- Give examples for allosteric regulation of enzymes
- Give examples for covalent modification of enzymes
- Give examples for feed back regulation of enzymes
- Give examples for hormonal regulation of enzymes
- List out the clinical significances of SGPT
- List out the clinical significances of SGOT
- List out the clinical significances of CPK
- List out the clinical significances of LDH
- Define electrophoresis
- Define isoelectric foccusing
- What is meant by PAGE?
- Define chromatography
- What is meant by partition coefficient?
- What is the role of mobile and stationary phase in chromatography?
- Give the principle of adsorption
- Principle and application of gel electrophoresis
- Give the normal value of the following
a) Blood Glucose
b) Total Protein
c) Serum Albumin, Globulin, Fibrinogen
d) Albumin to globulin ratio
e) Total Cholesterol, LDL, HDL
f) Lipid Profile
g) Urine Creatinine
i) Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
j) PCV, MCH, MCV, MCHC, CI