CENTER FOR RESEARCH, ANNA UNIVERSITY, Chennai -25 is inviting aspirants / design geeks to design Web pages for their upcoming site.
The competition is open to Full Time UG/PG students of University Departments. The winners of the contest will receive a merit certificate and cash reward of Rs.5000/- from Center for Research, Anna University, Chennai.
Elements to be designed:
- Design of a home page
- Design of a logo
- Design of content pages
- The site should reflect the spirit and culture of the University
- Copying designs, images, logos etc., from existing web sites and other sources should be strictly avoided.
- The pages should be such that they are viewable in all the three browsers (IE, Firefox, and Chrome – with their few previous versions also supported) without any distortion of content or design.
- Using HTML frames should be avoided.
- Screen resolutions should be fixed at 1024 x 768
- No extra plug-ins need be used / downloaded by the end user.
- The downloading time of any of the pages of the site should be limited to few seconds.
- The content may be taken from the link on our university website
- Students may work as individual or as a team and may submit the designs.
- But the reward is fixed and will be shared among the team. The team size should not be more than three.
- The banner with the title “Center for Research, Anna University, Chennai”, the logo, a login, along with other page elements and content as appropriate. It’s an anchor to the inside pages. All the necessary links to the inside pages should be provided.
- A separate area may be designed for News and announcements/events.
- A site map, search may be provided at appropriate areas.
- The content should be properly organized unlike what it looks on the site mentioned above. A site map/knowledge map should be made available for faster understanding, access and use of the site.
- User should be informed about the current location and the path taken to reach the location.For ex: root>location-1>location-1.1
Dates and Schedule:
- The last date for submission of designs is 15th November 2012
- The participants have to register themselves by filling the form below, and submit to the office of Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai – 25 before 10th November 2012.
- The completed site designs should be zipped and to be sent to the mail ID, firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the due date.
- For any clarifications, you may contact (Tel. 22357029 / 8825)
- Dr.T.Raghuveera, Deputy Director, Centre for Research, between 3.30 pm and 6 pm on working days.
Click Here to Download the Registration Form.