Department of Computer Science Engineering
Department : B.E CSE
Semester : V
Year : 3rd yr
Regulation : 2008
Subject Code : CS2304
Subject Name : System Software
Content : CS2304 System Software – Important Questions with Keys – 1st Edition of 2012.
16 MARKS QUESTIONS & KEYS
1. Explain about the SIC architecture
2. Write in detail about SIC / XE Architecture.
3. Mention the differences between SIC and SIC/XE.
Here only five registers are used. A,X,L,SW and PC
Here there are nine registers.
A, X, L, SW, PC, B, S, T and F
Floating point hardware is used
There is no floating point hardware
Four different type of instruction
Only one instruction format is used formats
Two different addressing modes are used
Here there are many addressing modes
4. Discuss about Instruction sets in SIC and SIC / XE.
1. Explain in detail about basic assembler functions.
2. Explain about the machine-Dependent Assembler features.
3. Discuss in detail about the machine-Independent Assembler features.
4. Explain in detail about the assembler Design options.
1. Explain in detail about basic loader functions.
2. Explain about Machine-Dependent Loader Features.
3. Discuss in detail about Machine-independent Load er features
4. Explain about the Loader Design Options.
5. Explain in detail about MS-DOS Linker
1. Explian in detail about the basic Macro Processor functions.
2. Discuss in detail about the Machine-independent macro processor features.
3. Explain about Macro Processor Design options
4. Explain in detail about MASM Macro Processor
5. Explain in detail about ANSI C macro Language
1. Explain in detail about the following
i) Editing process
ii) User Interface
2. Explain about the editor structure.
3. Discuss in detail about debugging functions and capabilities.
4. Explain in detail about the following
i) Relationships with other parts of the system
ii)User Interface criteria
i. Requirement-Always be available
ii. simple organization
5. Explain about various software tools.