Anna University, Chennai
PERAMBALUR – 621212.
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY QUESTION BANK
Subject Code & Name: IT1452-FUNDAMENTALS OF PERVASIVE COMPUTNG Year / Sem : IV / VIII
Prepared By : A.Ramachandran / AP
UNIT - I PERVASIVE ARCHITECTURE PART -A
1. What is pervasive computing era?
2. What is the aim of ubiquitous computing?
3. What is the principle of pervasive computing?
4. What are the other terms of pervasive computing?
5. What is ubicomp?
6. What is sentient computing?
7. Define context adaptive system.
8. What are the applications of wearable computers?
9. What are the features of wearable computers?
10. Define aware systems
11. What is AML?
12. What are the key challenges of urban computing?
13. What are the most important characteristics of pervasive environments?
14. What are the features of distributed computing?
15. What are the Design and implementation problems in pervasive comp?
16. List the aspects of pervasive environments
17. What is biometrics?
18. Why biometrics needed?
19. Write down the Problems with biometrics.
1. Explain Ambient computing in detail.
2. Explain the requirements of computational infrastructures
3. Elaborate WLAN Technologies.
4. Discuss about Pervasive Vs Ubiquitous Computing.
5. Write short notes on the following i)Requirements of Computational infrastructure ii)Failure management
iii)Security iv)Performance v)Dependability
6. Discuss in detail about Pervasive web application architecture
7. Explain in detail about the relationship between pervasive and mobile computing
8. List and explain the applications of pervasive computing
9. What are the most important characteristics of pervasive environments?
10. What are the features of distributed computing?
11. What are the Design and implementation problems in pervasive comp?
UNIT-II MOBILE DEVICE TECHNOLOGIES PART-A
1. What are the characteristics of mobile computing devices?
2. What are the features of mobile computing?
3. List the advantages of push mode.
4. What is the framework for Data Dissemination and Management?
5. What are the 2 categories of context?
6. List the 5w of context
7. What is mobile agent?
8. Define the following
9. Write down the advantages of the Mobile Agent Paradigm
10. List the Technical Advantage of Mobile agents
11. List the applications of mobile agents.
12. List the features of software operating system
13. What is the EPOC operating system consists of the following features:
14. What are the three different types of browsers available for mobile devices?
1. Draw the architecture of Windows CE and explain it.
2. Explain the following
i) Symbian system ii) Packet PC iii)BREW
3. Chat about in detail about Mobile agent systems.
4. Differentiate UI design for mobile device and conventional system.
5. Explain in detail Context awareness system.
6. Explain Mobile computing device characteristic.
7. Explain the data dissemination and management.
8. Explain the features of software operating system.
9. What is the EPOC operating system consists of the following features.
10. What are the three types of browsers available for mobile devices?
11. List and explain Technical Advantage of Mobile agents.
12. List and explain applications of mobile agents.
13. Explain the adaptation features used by the mobile computing devices.
UNIT III SENSOR NETWORKS AND RFID’S PART-A
1. What is ACTIVE RFID?
2. What is PASSIVE RFID?
3. Write down the advantages and disadvantages of passive RFID
4. When RFID tag collision occurs?
5. What is sensor?
6. What are Sensor Networks?
7. What are the Elements of sensor networks?
8. Define: Wireless Sensor Networks
9. List the properties of sensor networks.
10. Draw the protocol stack of sensor network
11. Why we need wireless communication channel?
12. What is advantages and disadvantages of (laser)
13. What is infrared communication?
14. Describe about RF
15. What are the two main classes (based on applications). Of sensor networks
16. What are Data gathering sensor networks?
17. Define: Event detection sensor networks.
1. Give explanation Sensor node architecture and Sensor network architecture.
2. RFID Architecture diagram + explanation
3. List the advantages and disadvantages of Active RFID tags
4. Classify the Sensor network types and explain in detail.
5. Explain RFID architecture.
6. List out the RFID Application and give details about the application.
7. List out the WSN Application and give details about the application.
8. Explain the applications of wireless sensor networks.
UNIT -IV LOCAL AREA AND WIDE AREA WIRELESS TECHNOLOGIES PART-A
1. Explain the IEEE 802.11- Features
2. What are the components used in IEEE 802.11- System?
3. List the 2 basic architecture in IEEE 802.11- System.
4. Draw the WPAN –Beacon Mode and Super frame Structure.
5. Write down the 3 ways followed in WPAN –IEEE 802.15.4-Data Transmission.
6. What are the two different types of devices are defined in an 802.15.4 network.
7. Why we go for Mesh topology?
8. What are the requirements needed for mobile IP?
9. What is cellular telephony?
10. List the specifications included in Bluetooth
11. What is the use of OBEX object model?
12. What are the OBEX OPERATIONS?
13. What is RFCOMM?
14. Write down the application classes of the Bluetooth synchronization classes:
15. What is object push?
16. Why not routing protocols used in Manet?
1. Explicate IEEE 802.11 Technologies
2. Explain Infrared Technologies.
3. How Bluetooth technology works?
4. Explain OBEX And Bluetooth Architecture
5. Give details about Personal area network.
6. Elaborate the concept of Mobile IP.
7. Elaborate Cellular System.
8. Explain Call Establishment and maintenance.
9. a) Short notes on Mobility management b) Give short note on Mobile IP
10. Explain the concept and structure of cell.
11. Explain the IEEE 802.11 system architecture
12. Explain the concept of frequency assignment techniques in cell system.
13. Discuss medium access control and MAC layer issues of Bluetooth in details.
14. What is importance of cell structure in establishing wide area wireless network?
UNIT V PROTOCOLS AND APPLICATIONS PART-A
1. Classify the routing protocols in sensor networks.
2. What are hierarchical routing protocols?
3. What are the flat Routing Protocols
4. List the Location Based Routing Protocols
5. What are the Characteristics of http1.0?
6. Define the term Flooding.
7. Define the term Gossiping.
8. List out the Pros and Cons of Flooding and Gossiping
9. Explain briefly about LEACH (Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy).
10. What are the Phases of LEACH?
11. What is WAE?
1. Draw the architecture of WAP. Explain in detail.
2. Discuss about Routing protocol for Sensor Networks.
3. Explain the Retail and Health care application of Pervasive computing.
4. Explain the Sales force automation and Tracking application of Pervasive computing.
5. Thrash out Multimedia message protocol.
6. Explain Networking and Packet switched protocol.
7. Discuss why routing protocols for fixed network cannot used for wireless Sensor network and explain any two flat routing protocols used for sensor Networks.
8. Explain the applications of pervasive computing in details.
9. a) Short notes on hierarchical routing protocols
b) Short notes on Location Based Routing Protocols