Anna University, Chennai
XML AND WEB SERVICES
1. What is the role of XML development? What are the waves of XML Development?
2. Write the advantages of XML
3. Explain the role of XML in web application
4. What is SOAP? How is it different from other distributed computing technologies
5. Explain about the web services.
6. What are the components of web services? Explain with a diagram
7. What are the various revolutions that have caused the development of XML
8. Explain the code, culture and document culture of the data revolution.
9. Explain the work of IETF, W3C and JCP
1. What are Elements? How is it different from attributes
2. Give the differences between HTML and XML
3. What are Namespaces? Why is it useful? Explain with an example.
4. With a diagram explain the XML technology family
5. Explain the use of DTD for structuring the XML document
6. What are he benefits of using XML Schema
7. State the differnce3s between XML Schema and DTD
8. What are the various data types available in XML schema
9. What are presentation technologies of XML? Explain each one briefly
10. Write the differences between CSS and XSL
11. Write the limitations of XSL
12. Write the differences between HTML forms and XFORMS
13. Explain the use of XSLT
14. Explain the various transformation technologies
15. Briefly explain Xquery.
16. What is semantic web? Explain with an example
1. What is SOAP? Why is it important
2. Explain the features of EDI
3. What are the similarities between CORBA, RMI and DCOM
4. Give the differences between GET and POST Method
5. With the help of a diagram explain the HTTP request and HTTP Response
6. What is XML-RPC? Explain in detail with the help of an diagram
7. Differentiate XML-RPC from SOAP
8. Explain the advantages of using SOAP
9. Briefly explain how SOAP uses coupling
10. Explain the various versions of SOAP
11. How does SOAP differ from RMI, CORBA< DCOM
12. Briefly explain the message structure of SOAP
13. Explain SOAP structure with an example
14. Explain the SOAP intermediaries
15. Explain the SOAP actors
16. Explain the design patterns of SOAP
17. Explain SOAP faults
18. Explain SOAP with attachments
19. Write about SOAP and firewalls
1. Define web services. What are the opportunities and risks involved in web services?
2. Briefly describe the organization of UDDI
3. Explain the web services architecture and explain the key technologies involved
4. Write brief notes on UDDI failures and recovery
5. What is WSDL? Explain the structure of and WSDL document with an example
6. What is ebXML? Explain its technical architecture
7. What is CPP?
8. What is need for frameworks such as .Net and J2ee in web services
9. Explain Microsoft .Net Platform
10. What is CLR? Explain the API available in web service pack?
1. What are the three pillars of secure e-commerce?
2. Write about the single key cryptography.
3. Write about the public key cryptography.
4. Explain the concept of canonicalization.
5. Explain XML security framework.
6. Explain XML digital signature.
7. Explain XKMS.
8. What are the guidelines for signing XML documents?