Anna University, Chennai
SRINIVASAN ENGINEERING COLLEGE, PERAMBALUR-621212
Subject Name/ CODE: Embedded System / IT2354
Submitted By: P.Sherubha
1. What is an Embedded System? Discuss design challenges and characteristics of
2 .Compare Microprocessor, Microcontroller and DSP.
3. On what basis a Microcontroller is selected for a particular application.
4 .What do you mean by system on chip? What are the advantages and disadvantages of these systems?
5 .What is the role of Microcontroller in an Embedded System?
6 .How modern-day system-on-chip (SoC) microcontrollers can implement a whole signal chain?
7 .What is the difference between a Microprocessor and Microcontroller? Also draw the block diagram.
1. What is the difference between RISC and CISC architectures? Also draw the block diagram.
2. Explain Instruction sets and Addressing modes of MSP 430.
3. State key differentiating factors between different MSP 430 families.
4 .What are interrupts and also define interrupt structure for MSP 430.
5. Explain Counters and Timers used for MSP 430.
6. Explain real time clock and Keyboard Interfacing.
7. Explain Interfacing of following: (a) ADC
(c) LED (d) LCD
(e) Sensor Interfacing
(f) Stepper Motor
1. Why ARM architecture is called as Load Store architecture?
2. Explain different types of registers used in ARM Processor. Also explain
Current Program Status
Register in detail.
3. Explain the concept of pipeline. What is the significance of introducing pipelining?
4 .Explain various types of interrupts used in ARM Processor. Also draw the vector table.
5. Explain various types of instructions sets used in ARM Processor.
6. What do you mean by Thumb architecture? Explain with the help of block diagram.
7. Explain various types of instructions sets used in Thumb architecture.
1. Explain 8051 Microcontroller with the help of block diagram.
2. Explain various types of Addressing modes used in 8051 Microcontroller with the help of suitable example
3. Explain various types of Instruction sets used in 8051 Microcontroller with the help of suitable example.
4. What are interrupts and also define various interrupts used in 8051
1. Explain different performance issues in Embedded Systems.
2. What do you mean by program execution time?
3. Explain the use of Embedded System in Energy meters.
4. Explain the use of Embedded System in Smoke detectors.
5. Explain the use of Embedded System in Data acquisition system.
6. Explain the use of Embedded System in wired sensor network.
7. Explain the use of Embedded System in wireless sensor networks with Chip con RF interface.