Anna University, Chennai
SRINIVASAN ENGIEERING COLLEGE DEPARTMENT OF AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING AE1005 WIIND TUNNEL TECHNIQUES
QUESTION BANK (PAR T – B)
UNIT - 1
1. Explain Buckingham PI theorem with example.
2. Define any five non dimensionless members.
3. An aircraft is to fly at a height –
C for completes dynamic similarity. What would be P & V should be used
WT F μα T (T + 7), E = γ , P = ρRT T v γ
of specific heats.
4. A 7.2m height & 15m long spillway discharges 94m3/s discharge under a head of 2.0m.
If 1:9 scale model of this spillway is to be constructed, determine model dimensions, head o ver spillway model & the model discharge. If model experience a force of 7500N.
Determine force on the prototype.
UNIT - 2
5. Explain about losses in subsonic wind tunnel.
6. Give the C lassification of wind tunnel & explain about hypersonic wind tunnel.
7. With a neat sketch explain about types of supersonic wind tunnel.
8. Explain about losses in supersonic wind tunnel.
9. Explain about high speed wind tunnel with neat sketch.
UNIT – 3
10. Derive the expression for test section speed.
11. With a neat sketch explain about calibrations of supersonic wind tunnel.
12. Explain about flow angularity measurements & its types.
13. With a neat sketch explain about turbulence measurements.
UNIT – 4
14. Explain about any one types of wind tunnel balances with neat example.
15. With a neat sketch explain about velocity measurements using LDA.
16. With a neat sketch brief about pressure measurements by using transducers.
17. With a neat sketch explain about force measurements in wind tunnel.
UNIT – 5
18. Explain about optical method of flow visualization.
19. Explain flow visualization method by using smoke & tuft grid techniques.
20. With a neat sketch explain about dye injection techniques.