Anna University, Chennai
SRINIVASAN ENGINEERING COLLEGE
PART- B QUESTIONS
AE2252 AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS AND INSTRUMENTS
1. Explain the working principles of power assisted and power actuated systems.
2. Explain the operation of Instrument Landing Systems with neat sketches.
3. Explain the power assisted and flexible push pull rod control systems with neat sketches.
4. Explain the working principles of powered flight control systems.
5. Explain the following with neat sketches: (a) Engine Control Systems
(b) Autopilot systems
6. Describe how fully powered flight control systems works.
7. Explain in detail about auto pilot system with a block diagram.
8. Explain the following
(a) Autopilot system
(b) Fly by wire system
(c) Push pull rod system
1. Explain the working of the typical hydraulic system used for the passenger aircraft.
2. Describe the working of shock absorber of the landing gear system.
3. Explain hydraulic system used in modern aircraft with neat sketch.
4. Draw a neat sketch of BOGIE truck main landing gear assembly and explain its operation.
5. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of a tail wheel and nose wheel landing gear system.
6. Explain the antiskid brake control system.
7. Describe the typical hydraulic system used for retaction of landing gear with a neat sketch.
8. Explain the following
(a) Pressure regulators used in hydraulic system
(b) Flow restrictors
9. Explain the following
(a) Hydraulic brake system
(b) Power boost brake system
10. Explain the following
(a) Pneumatic system uses in aircrafts
(b) Oleo – pneumatic struct
(c) Pressure regulators
(d) Sequencing circuit opeartion.
1. Explain with a neat sketch how fuel system funtion for a piston engine.
2. Describe aircraft engine ignition system and starting system operation with neat sketches.
3. Explain with a neat sketch of typical fuel system used in jet engines.
4. Explain with neat sketches of the one of the starting systems for jet engines.
5. Explain the ignition and starting systems in reciprocating and jet engines.
6. Explain gas turbine engine fuel system and its components with a neat sketch.
7. What are the basic components present in the aircraft fuel system? Explain briefly about gravity feed fuel system.
8. Explain the working principles different type carburators used in piston engine.
1. Explain the working of the different fire detection and smoke detection techniques used in aircraft with neat sketches.
2. Draw the basic cycle of air cycle system and explain with neat sketch.
3. Explain the boost starp air cycle system with neat sketch.
4. Explain the operation of oxygen system with neat sketch.
5. Explain any one type of Deicing system with neat sketch.
6. What do you understand by antiicing and deicing problems in aircraft? Explain the system to control them.
7. With neat sketches, explain the evaporative vapour cycle and evaporative air cycle systems.
8. Explain cabin pressurization systems and its components.
9. What are the requirements of fire protection system? Explain briefly about the thermo couple and tubular heat detectors.
10. With a neat sketch, explain how fire and smoke detection systems works.
1. Explain the working principles of gyroscopic instruments
2. Explain with neat sketch, construction and working of an Altimeter.
3. Explain in detail about the purpose and importance of various types of temperature gauges used at different location of the aircraft.
4. Explain the following
(b) Mach meter
(c) Airspeed indicator
(d) Pressure gauge
5. Write shorte notes on
(a) Artificial horizon
(b) Turn and Bank indicator
(d) HIS & ADI