Anna University, Chennai
1. Derive on the basis of dimensional analysis suitable parameters to present the thrust developed by a propeller. Assume that the thrust depends on the angular velocity, speed of advance, diameter dynamic viscosity, mass density, and elasticity of the fluid medium which can be denoted by the speed of sound in the medium?
2. The pressure difference in a pipe of diameter and length due to viscous flow depends on the velocity viscosity and density .using Buckingham theorem obtains an expression
3. Explain Buckingham pi theorem with example
4. Briefly explain the types non dimensionless number
1. Derive the pressure drop coefficient for diffuser and effuse and draw the corresponding curve?
2. Explain the operation, merits, demerits and application of hypersonic wind tunnel and also briefly explain the losses in subsonic wind tunnel.
3. Explain the operation, merits, demerits and application of supersonic and aero acoustic tunnel?
4. Explain the operation, merits, demerits and application of any three special purpose wind tunnels
5. Briefly explain the special purpose hypersonic wind tunnel
1. Derive the equation for test section speed in low speed wind tunnel and draw the corresponding curve
2. Explain types of flow angularity measurement.
3. Explain types of turbulence measurement in wind tunnel?
4. Explain the operation Gun tunnel and Shock tunnel
5. With a neat illustration explain the objective of calibration of a wind tunnel. In what way the calibration procedure for a supersonic tunnel different from that of a subsonic wind tunnel?
1. How to measure velocity of flow using LDA technique
2. Explain wire type balance with neat sketch and mention the merits and demerits
3. Explain strut type balance with neat sketch and mention the merits and demerits
4. Explain six component balance with neat sketch
5. Mention the features and characteristics of wind tunnel balance
1. Explain the classification of flow visualization techniques
2. Explain the optical flow visualization techniques
3. Explain surface flow visualization technique
4. Explain the data flow visualization techniques