B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Common to B.E. Computer Science and Engineering I B.Tech. — Information Technology
141303 - OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING .
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
1. What is the difference between a local variable and a data member?
2. Explain the purpose of a function parameter. What is the difference between a parameter and an argument?
3. Explain the multiple meanings of the operators « and » in C++ and their precedence.
4. What is a copy constructor?
5. What is a Function templates? Explain.
6. List five common examples of exceptions.
7. Give the use of protected access specifier.
8. Give the difference between virtual function and pure virtual function.
9. List the file-open modes.
10. What are the three standard template library adapters?
11. (a) Write brief notes on Friend function and show how Modifying a Class’s private Data With a Friend Function.
(b) Write a C++ program that
(i) calculates and prints the sum of the integers from 1 to 10
(ii) to calculate x raised to the power y.
(b) (i) Explain ‘+‘ operator overloading with an example. (8)
(ii) Explain type conversion with suitable example (8)
13. (a) Define a DivideBy Zero definition and use it to throw exceptions on attempts to divide by zero.
(b) Write a C++ program to demonstrate function template to print array of different types.
14 (a) Explain different types of inheritances
(b) Demonstrate runtime polymorphism with an example.
15 (a) Write a C++ program that maintains a bank’s account information The program adds new accounts, deletes accounts in a text file. Assume that a file credit.dat has been created and the initial data has been inserted.
(b) Write brief flotes on Standard template Library and Standard Library container classes. (16)