13ESX03-WIRELESS AND MOBILE COMMUNICATION
1. Give any four examples of wireless communication systems.
2. What is a base station?
3. List any four advantages of third generation (3G) mobile networks.
4. Write types of channel assignment strategies.
5. What is borrowing strategy in channel assignment?
6. What is the method to use the limited spectrum to unlimited subscribers?
7. Write the formula for co-channel reuse ratio.
8. Draw the frequency spectrum diagram.
9. List wireless transmission system with their frequency allocations.
10. What is a signal and write the equation for it?
11. What you meant by signal propagation?
12. Write the different types of signal propagation.
13. Write some additional propagation effects.
14. Write short notes on multipath propagation.
15. Mention some indoor propagation models.
16. What is fading and write types of fading?
17. What is spread spectrum?
18. What are the types of spread spectrum?
19. List the advantages of spread spectrum.
20. Define DSSS.
21. Define FSSS.
22. Write the difference between DSSS and FSSS.
23. Write the equation for FSSS and DSSS.
24. What you mean by MAC?
25. Define FDMA and TDMA.
26. Mention the different types of cells.
27. What is SDMA?
28. What is near and far terminals?
29. How are guard spaces realized between users in CDMA?
30. Define classical Alopha.
31. Define slotted Alopha.
32. Differentiate classical alopha and slotted alopha.
33. Write the advantages of slotted alopha over classical alopha.
34. Define CSMA
35. Define FAMA
36. State some of the features of CDMA.
37. Define efficiency of TDMA.
38. Short notes on DAMA.
39. Differentiate FAMA and DAMA.
40. What is the various channel allocation techniques used in cellular communication?
41. What is frequency selective fading?
42. Define fast fading channel?
43. Define slow fading channel?
44. What are the features of FDMA?
1. Explain in detail about wireless transmission.
2. What is signal propagation? Explain about different propagation.
3. Explain the free space propagation model?
• Free space model & equation
• Path loss model explanation
4. Detail description about direct sequence spread spectrum.
5. Discuss the different types of spread spectrum.
6. Explain frequency hopping spread spectrum with suitable example.
7. Explain in detail the satellite networks and its applications.
8. What is capacity allocation? Explain in detail.
9. Detail description about FAMA and DAMA
10. Explain in detail about MAC protocol.
11. Explain about TDMA and CDMA.
1. What is cell splitting?
2. Write the principles of cellular networks?
3. What are the advantages of micro cell zone concept?
4. Define Frequency reuse.
5. What is cell sectoring?
6. List advantages of cellular system.
7. Write the disadvantages of cellular system.
8. What are the reasons for choosing Hexagonal cells?
9. List the methods to improve coverage and capacity in cellular systems.
10. What are the most popular standards of second generation?
11. What is handoff?
12. Define a cell.
13. What is a microcell?
14. Draw the overview of cellular systems.
15. What is paging?
16. What is call blocking and termination?
17. Differentiate hard and soft handoff.
18. List the performance metrics in Handoff.
19. Draw the cell traffic model.
20. What is GSM?
21. Draw architecture for GSM signaling protocol
22. Write the functions of link layer protocol in GSM.
23. List the services of GSM.
24. List the subsystem of GSM architecture.
25. Define protocol.
26. Define MSISDN.
27. What are IMSI and TMSI?
28. Short notes on MSRN.
29. What is handover?
30. Why are electromagnetic waves with very low frequency not used for data transmission in computer networks?
31. Differentiate hard and soft handoff?
32. Mention the various multiple access schemes used in wireless communication.
33. What is co-channel interference?
34. What is adjacent channel interference?
35. Mention the different types of cells.
36. What is a picocell?
37. What is cellular topology?
38. What are the technical issues in planning of a cellular network?
39. What are the channels used in mobile communication systems?
40. What are the basic units of a Cellular system?
41. What are the limitations of conventional mobile telephone system?
42. What are the disadvantages of cellular systems with small cells?
43. Write the difference between intra-cell and inter-cell intra BSC handover.
44. What are the security services offered by GSM?
45. Define an interface in GSM.
46. Define authentication.
47. What you mean by GPRS?
1. Explain the cellular system architecture in detail.
2. Explain the different generation in cellular wireless networks.
3. Explain in detail about GSM architecture with suitable diagram.
4. Explain the GSM services in detail.
5. Explain about handover techniques with suitable diagram.
6. What are the different types of handover and explain that in detail?
7. What you meant by security in GSM? Explain about that in detail?
8. Explain the GPRS architecture in detail.
9. Explain in detail the various applications of GPRS.
10. What is capacity allocation? Explain that with suitable diagram.
11. Detail description about frequency allocation.
12. Explain Following Terms:
i) Location Update Procedure
ii) Temporary Mobile Subscriber Identity (TMSI)
iii) Location Area
iv) Routing Area
1. Write the short notes on wireless LAN.
2. List the advantages of WLANs.
3. Write some disadvantages of WLANs.
4. Differentiate infrared and radio transmission.
5. Write short notes on infrastructure network.
6. Define –Adhoc networks
7. Write the difference between infrastructure and mobile Adhoc networks.
8. Draw the architecture network for mobile Adhoc networks.
9. Write down the features of IEEE 802.11.
10. Draw the system architecture of IEE 802.11.
11. Write down the functions of physical layer in IEEE 802.11.
12. Draw the protocol architecture of IEEE 802.11.
13. What are the tasks performed by MAC layer in IEEE802.11 protocol architecture?
14. Write the functions of MAC management layer in IEEE 802.11.
15. Draw the format of an IEEE 802.11 physical frame using FHSS.
16. Draw the format of an IEEE 802.11 physical frame using DSSS.
17. Define the three basic mechanisms for IEEE 802.11.
18. Define SIFS.
19. Define PIFS.
20. Write short notes on DIFS.
21. Write down the functions of MAC management.
22. Write short notes on roaming.
23. What are the services provided by IEEE 802.11?
24. Define HiperLAN.
25. Write down the phases in HiperLAN
26. Define BRAN.
27. What are the four different networks types provided by BRAN?
28. What are the features provided by HiperLAN?
29. What are the handover situations occurred in HiperLAN?
30. State the different modes of HiperLAN.
31. Draw the protocol architecture of HiperLAN2.
32. Draw the physical layer configuration of HiperLAN.
33. List the MAC layer phases.
34. What are the transport channels provided by HiperLAN2 for data transmission?
35. Define BCCH.
36. Write short notes on Bluetooth.
37. Write down the features of Bluetooth.
38. Draw the diagram for the formation of Bluetooth piconet.
39. List the elements in Bluetooth protocol stack.
40. Define L2CAP.
1. Explain about wireless LAN with some advantages.
2. Explain about infrastructure and ad-hoc networks in detail and also write the difference between them.
3. Write the detail description about IEEE 802.11 architecture.
4. Discuss different techniques used for improving coverage and capacity in cellular systems.
5. Discuss the different interferences applicable in the transmission of cellular signals.
6. Write brief notes on physical layer and Media access layer in IEEE 802.11.
7. Explain the power management and roaming in IEEE 802.11
8. Discuss the various services of IEEE 802.11.
9. Draw Bluetooth protocol stack and write down functionality of each layer.
10. Explain about HiperLAN with reference model.
1. Write short notes on mobile IP.
2. What are the requirements in mobile IP?
3. Draw the example model for mobile IP network?
4. What are all the several terms needed to understand the mobile IP?
5. Draw the model for registration request and reply in mobile IP.
6. Define encapsulation.
7. What are the additional messages needed by mobile IP network?
8. Define DHCP.
9. Draw the basic configuration of DHCP.
10. Define mobile Adhoc networks.
11. Write down the features of mobile Adhoc networks.
12. What are the advantages provided by mobile Adhoc networks?
13. Define routing.
14. Write short notes on proactive routing protocol.
15. Define DSDV.
16. Define DSR.
17. What is reactive routing protocol?
18. Differentiate proactive and reactive protocol.
19. Define multicast routing.
20. Write short notes on multicast routing algorithms.
21. What are the classifications of multicast routing in mobile adhoc networks?
1. Explain about mobile IP and its requirements.
2. Explain in detail the mobile IP packet delivery and agent discovery.
3. Draw the registration of mobile node and explain briefly.
4. Explain about IPv6 architecture in detail.
5. Briefly explain the configuration of DHCP.
6. Discuss about mobile ad-hoc networks in detail.
7. Write brief notes on proactive routing protocol.
8. Explain in detail about the reactive routing protocol.
9. What is multicast routing? Explain in detail.
1. What are the advantages of TCP over Adhoc networks?
2. Define TCP.
3. Draw the diagram for TCP connection.
4. Define WAP
5. Write down the features of WAP.
6. What are the objectives of WAP Forum?
7. Draw the protocol architecture of WAP.
8. What is WDP?
9. Write down the key elements of WDP.
10. Draw the diagram for WDP services.
11. Define WTLS.
12. What are the services provided by WTLS?
13. Define WTP.
14. List the classification of WTP.
15. What is WSP?
16. Write down the features of WSP.
17. What are the features offered by WSP for web browsing?
18. What are the advantages of WSP/B over WTP?
19. Write short notes on WML.
20. What is WWW programming model?
21. What are the features offered by WMLscript?
22. Give down the example for WMLscript ?
1. What are the advantages of TCP over ad-hoc networks? Explain briefly about TCP with neat diagram.
2. Explain about transaction oriented TCP and TCP over 3G networks.
3. Draw the architecture of WAP and explain that in detail.
4. Discuss detail description of wireless markup language.
5. Explain in detail about WWW programming model.
6. What is WDP? Explain in detail.
7. Explain in detail about WTLS with neat sketch.
8. Explain in detail about WTP with different classes.
9. What is WSP? Describe with neat diagram.
10. Draw the model of WAE and explain that in detail.
11. Explain about WML script in detail.