Anna University, Chennai
16 MARKS QUESTIONS FOR EACH UNIT
PART-B UNIT- I
1. Explain in detail the error detection and error corrections.(UQ)
2. Discuss in detail about the layers of OSI model. (UQ)
3. Discuss in detail about HDLC.
4. Discuss in detail about SONET.
5. Explain the different approaches of framing in detail.
6. Write the Sliding Window Algorithm and explain it in detail.
7. Compare Stop and Wait ARQ scheme with sliding window ARQ scheme.
8. Write in detail about the flow control mechanisms.
1. Name the four basic network topologies and explain them giving all the relevant features.(UQ)
2. Explain the functioning of wireless LAN in detail.(UQ)
3. Explain Ethernet in detail.
4. Discuss the frame format of token ring in detail.
5. Differentiate FDDI from token ring
6. Write in detail about Resilient Packet Ring.
7. Write short notes on WI-Fi,Wi-Max.
8. Write short notes on Cellphone technologies.
1. Write notes on the following(UQ) (i) Internet protocol.
2. Discuss in detail the various aspects of IPV6. (UQ)
3. What are the different approaches in Packet Switching.Explain them in detail.
4. Write in detail about bridges.
5. Discuss the spanning tree algorithm in detail.
6. What are the limitations of bridges.
7. Explain in detail the ATM cell format.
8. Explain about the different AAL protocols.
9. Discuss DHCP in detail.
10. Explain Distance Vector routing in detail.
11. Explain OSPF in detail.
12. Discuss RIP in detail.
13. Problems in subnetting.
14. Write short notes on the following i.Broadcasting ii.Multicasting
1. With neat architecture, explain TCP in detail.
2. Explain adaptive flow control in detail and its uses.
3. With neat architecture, explain UDP in detail.
4. Discuss the different Queuing Discipline in detail.
5. Explain the Congestion Avoidance techniques in detail.
6. Explain TCP Congestion control techniques in detail.
7. Explain how QoS is provided through Integrated Services.
8. Explain how QoS is provided through Differentiated Services.
1. Explain the SMTP and HTTP. Give their uses, state strengths and weaknesses.
2. Explain the role of a DNS on a computer network.
3. Explain Email protocols in detail.
4. Discuss FTP in detail.
5. Discuss SNMP and Telnet in detail.
6. Write short notes on i.PGP ii.SSH
------- END -------