Anna University, Chennai
Environmental science and engineering
Question Bank (8 marks)
1. a) Explain in detail the causes, effects and control measures of Deforestation b) Discuss the problems of fertilizers and pesticides of modern agriculture
2. a) Discuss the effects of dams on forests and tribal people
b) Discuss the various types of land degradation with its causes and solutions.
3. Write short notes on causes effects and control measures of soil erosion
4. Write short notes on environmental impacts of mining
5. Write short notes on renewable energy resources
1. Explain in detail the structure and component of an eco system.
2. Explain the characteristic features and functions of forest eco system and aquatic eco system
3. Explain the characteristic features and functions of Grassland eco system and
Desert eco system
4. Write short notes on food chain and food web
5. Write short notes on ecological succession and ecological pyramids
6. Write short notes on i)Genetic diversity
ii) Species diversity
iii) Ecosystem diversity
7. Write short notes on threats to bio diversity
8. Write short notes on hotspots of biodiversity
9. Discuss India’s mega-diverse biodiversity
10. a)Explain the In-situ and Ex-situ conservation of biodiversity b) Discuss the values of Bio-diversity
1. Explain in detail the causes and effects of air and water pollution
2. Explain in detail the causes and effects of marine and noise pollution
3. Write short notes on (i) Bhopal gas tragedy and (ii) Chernobyl disaster
4. Write short notes on Disaster management
5. What is an earth quake? Enumerate its effects. What measures should be taken to mitigate this disaster?
6. Explain in detail the causes, effects and control measures of NOISE and
7. Explain in detail the process of solid waste management
1. What is sustainable development? Discuss in brief the concept of sustainable
2. What are waste lands? Name and discuss the various methods of waste land reclamation.
3. Write notes on (i) Global warming (ii)Ozone layer depletion (iii)Acid rain
4. Write notes on Water shed management
5. What is rain water harvesting? Name and discuss in brief the types of rain Water harvesting.
6. Write note on salient features of Environmental protection act and wild life protection act
7. Discuss the salient features of Forest act
8. Write note on salient features of water act and air act
1. Explain the term population explosion. Enumerate its effects.
2. What is value education? Discuss the concept of value education.
3. Discuss in detail the role of Information technology in environmental management and human health.
4. Explain the activities of family welfare programme.
5. Discuss the problems, diagnosis and control of AIDS.
6. Write a note on women and child welfare.