B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2011
Computer Science and Engineering
CS 2353 — OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
(Common to Information Technology)
Time : Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. What is Object Oriented Analysis and Design?
2. Define the inception step.
3. What is a Domain Model?
4. Define Aggregation and Composition.
5. What is the use of System sequence diagram?
6. List the relationships used in class diagram.
7. What is Design Pattern?
8. Define Coupling.
9. What is the use of operation contracts?
10. Give the meaning of Event, State and transition.
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) Briefly explain the different phases of Unified Process.
(b) Explain with an example, how usecase modeling is used to describe functional requirements. Identify the actors, scenario and use cases for the example.
12. (a) Describe the strategies used to identify conceptual classes. Describe the steps to create a domain model used for representing conceptual classes.
(b) Explain about activity diagram with an example.
13. (a) Illustrate with an example, the relationship between sequence diagram and use cases.
(b) Explain with an example Interaction diagram.
14. (a) Explain about GRASP Patterns.
(b) Write short notes on adapter, singleton, factory and observer patterns.
15. (a) Explain about implementation model (mapping design to code).
(b) Discuss about UML deployment and component diagrams. Draw the diagrams for a banking application.