B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
EE 2351 — POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. What is single line diagram?
2. How are the loads represented in reactance or impedance diagram?
3. What are the different types of buses in power systems? What are the quantities specified in each bus?
4. How are the disadvantages of Newton–Raphson method overcome?
5. What is the need for short circuit studies?
6. List the various types of shunt and series faults.
7. Define negative sequence impedance.
8. Name the faults which do not have zero sequence currents flowing.
9. Give an expression for swing equation. Explain each term along with their units.
10. State equal area criterion.