B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2011.
Computer Science and Engineering
IT 2353 – WEB TECHNOLOGY
(Common to Information Technology)
Time : Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 marks)
1. How will you create a password field in a HTML form?
2. List any four common browsers.
3. Give the syntax of a CSS rule.
5. Write code to return the full URL of a document.
6. How is session tracking achieved by URL rewriting?
7. How is XML parsing done with SAX?
8. What is the purpose of XSLT?
9. List the basic concepts behind JAX-RPC technology.
10. What is UDDI?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 marks)
11. (a) (i) Explain TCP/IP in detail. (8)
(ii) Explain the purpose and way of creating lists in HTML documents.
(b) (i) List any two differences between HTML respect to elements. and XHTML with Also explain about the XHTML DTD. (8)
(ii) Discuss on any four HTTP request methods. (8)
12. (a) (i) Explain any eight CSS text properties. (8)
(ii) Explain in detail CSS border and CSS outline. (8)
13. (a) Explain in detail DOM event handling. Also explain with an example of creating a context menu. [Note: A context menu is one that that is shown when the user right-clicks anywhere in the document]. (16)
(b) What is a session? Explain how client state is maintained using session and also explain about session tracking and session management using an example. (16)
14. (a) (i) Explain XPATH nodes in detail. (8)
(ii) Explain about the object that helps AJAX reload parts of a web page without reloading the whole page. (8)
(b) What is a JavaBeans component? How will you use the JSP language elements for accessing Beans in your JSP pages? (16)
15. (a) Describe the significance and working of WSDL with an example. (16) Or
(b) Describe the major elements of SOAP. (16)