Anna University, Chennai
SRINIVASAN ENGINEERING COLLEGE, PERAMBALUR DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES BA9205 COMMUNICATION SKILLS
1. Explain the functions and principles of Communication.
2. Explain the systems approach in communication.
3. Briefly explain the process of communication.
4. Describe the communication pattern in communication.
5. Briefly explain Transactional analysis.
6. Explain informal channel of communication in business.
7. Discuss the role of interpersonal perception for improving communication skill?
1. Actions speak louder than words. Explain the importance of Non verbal communication.
2. Explain the scenario of intercultural communication in business.
3. What do you mean the oral communication? Briefly describe various forms of oral communication.
4. Briefly describe the different kinds of non-verbal communication.
5. Explain the gestures and postures in body language.
1. Explain the types and barriers to listening.
2. Explain the Maslow’s need theory.
3. What are the barriers to listening and how to overcome it.
4. Explain the types of interviews.
5. Discuss the fluency development strategies.
6. Explain the steps in group discussion.
1.Explain the importance of Correspondence.
2. Briefly describe the functions of a business letter.
3. What are the various kinds of business letters?
4. Briefly describe the lay out of a business letter.
5. How would you plan a business letter?
6. Try the following on your own:
i) Personal letter to your friends/relatives inviting them to attend an important event at your place
ii) Write a letter to the Company, inviting a quotation of your interest.
iii) Respond letter to the Company by placing an order, based on quotation. iv) Write a letter to the Company for a Claim.
v) Draft an adjustment letter to the client based on their claim. vi) Draft a letter to the Company requesting Credit.
vii) Draft a granting credit letter to the client in response to their requesting credit. viii) Draft a letter on refusing credit to client based on the Company’s findings.
ix) Draft a reminder letter to client for settling a long pending credit.
x) Draft a sales promotion letter for a new product of your Company.
1.Explain the types and characteristics of project report.
2. Explain the steps in appraisal report.
3. Describe the process of product appraisal.
4. Describe the content of project proposal.
5. What are the important characteristics of project report?