Department of Fashion Technology
Subject Code : FT 1003
Subject Name : Management of Apparel units
UNIT – I – Labor -Study of Labour Laws
Part – A
1. What is safety act?
2. State the significance of labor laws.
3. What is the significance of producing ecofriendly textiles? Which ISO norm governs the same?
4. Outline the changes made in the labour laws pertaining to women employees.
5. Outline the welfare measures stipulated for a medium scale apparel unit.
6. State the significance of producing eco-friendly textiles.
7. Enlist the provisions of Safety Act.
8. What are the welfare measures to be taken for motivating women employees?
9. Name the country which insists on the import of eco-friendly textiles and state its import strictures pertaining to the above.
10. Enlist the various welfare measures to be considered in case of women workers.
11. State the significance of The Trade Union act 1926.
12. What are the safety precaution steps to be taken in an apparel industry?
1. Write about various welfare measures to be applied in an apparel unit. (16)
2. Write in detail on the following (a) Factory act (8) (b) Ecofriendly textiles. (8)
3. Explain the provisions of Labour laws and Safety Act. (16)
4. Explain the various provisions of Factories Act. (12)
5. Stress the need for producing eco-friendly textiles. (4)
6. Elaborate on Labour Laws and Factory Act. (16)
7. Write about (i) Eco-friendly textiles. (8) (ii) Labour welfare measures for apparel units. (16)
8. Explain the different provisions of Labour Law and discuss the significance of safety act. (16)
9. Explain the various provisions of Factories Act. (12)
10. Stress the need for producing eco-friendly textiles. (4)
11. Explain the various aspects of Factories Act and enlist the various points of safety act. (16)
12. Explain the significance of labour laws and review the same in today’s context. (16)
13. Explain the labour laws related to apparel industry in detail (16)
14. Give notes of the following
(i) Manpower requirement of apparel industry (8) (ii) eco-friendly apparels. (16)
UNIT –II –SETTING UP A SMALL GARMMENT
Part – A
1. State the importance of SA 8000 standards.
2. What are the factors to be considered in selecting a location to set up a garment unit.
3. Which fashion trend is observed during summer season?
4. What are the factors influencing the selection of market for finished apparels?
5. Enlist the various potential a prospective international markets for Indian garments.
6. What do you mean by SA 8000 standards?
7. Outline the importance of international marketing of apparels.
8. How the working capital requirement is projected in the preparation of the project report for apparel units? Brief about the International marketing of apparels.
9. How do you carry out market study for apparel accessories?
10. Enlist the various elements of a project report.
12. Enlist the drawbacks of small scale units.
13. Highlights the advantages of small scale industries.
1. How do you setup an apparel unit for producing 12,000 T - shirt/days? Explain (16)
2. Write short notes on
Study of market demand for apparels. (8)
3. Financial assistance to apparel units. (8)
4. Give an elaborate note on study of markets related to apparel. (16)
5. Discuss the merits and demerits of small and large scale garment units. (16)
6. Explain the significance of SA 8000 norms. (8)
7. Explain the various types of financial assistance extended by banks to the export garment manufactures. (8 )
8. Explain how you set up a small garment unit. (16)
9. Explain the significance SA 8000 norms in case of apparel industry. (6)
10. Discuss the various factors to be considered in promoting a small scale garment unit. (10)
11. Explain the various aspects of a project report. (8)
12. Explain the role of bankers in international marketing. (16)
13. Explain the various norms of SA-2001. (16)
14. Discuss the importance of bank assistance in national international marketing (8)
15. Give a detail analysis of global marketing of apparel. (16)
UNIT –III-MARKETING NATIONAL & INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
1. Which fashion trend is observed during summer season?
2. What are the factors influencing the selection of market for finished apparels?
3. What are the factors to be analyzed in selecting raw materials for a garment?
4. Define “Economy of Scale”.
5. Differentiate between national and international marketing in terms of costing the apparel product how does the season influence fashion?
6. Enumerate the factors influencing fashion trends.
7. Outline the importance of international marketing of apparels.
8. Suggest a suitable promotion mix for marketing active wears in the overseas markets.
1. Explain the influence of seasons on fashion trends. (10)
2. How do season influence fashion trends? Explain with illustrations (16)
3. Elaborate on study of local and international markets for finished apparels (8+8)
4. Explain the planning of clothing producing for spring/summer and Autumn/winter seasons.(8+8)
5. Discuss about market study related to apparels. (16)
6. Explain the relationship between seasons and fashion trends. (16)
7. Discuss the impact of dismantling quotes on Indian garment exporters (6)
8. Explain the process of fashion forecast. (16)
9. Enumerate how the seasons affect fashion trends. (16)(8)
10. Differentiate between quota and non-quota garments in terms of marketing (4)
11. A garment manufacturer catering to the needs of local markets wants to export his products to the international markets. Explain the ways and means for doing it successfully. (12)
12. Discuss about marketing of apparels (16)
UNIT –IV-EXPORT POLICY
Part – A
1. Outline the role of AEPC in the export of apparels.
2. Enumerate the advantages of Buyer-Seller Meet.
3. What is quota policy?
4. State the advantages of trade fairs.
5. Enlist the points to be considered in choosing the advertising media.
6. Differentiate between trade fares and exhibitions.
7. How to trade fairs and fashion shows aid in export promotion?
8. What is the impact of dismantling of quotas on the price of export garments?
9. What are the factors to be considered in choosing the right advertising media for promoting fashion garments?
10. Outline the role of AEPC in apparel industry.
11. State the advantages of organizing buyer-seller meet.
12. What is the provision given to garment EOUs on sub-contracting in the latest export policy?
Explain the role of AEPC in Indian garment export.
Discuss the various aspects of current export policy of the country.
Explain the role of AEPC in the growth of garment exports
16. State the objectives of export Policy and explain the general provisions regarding exports of garments
17. Write about AEPC and its role in the garment industry. (16)
18. Explain the procedure of documentation for exporting apparel. (16)
19. Explain the different avenues of sales promotion of fashion garments. (16)
20. State the objectives of export Policy and explain the general provisions regarding exports of garments (16)
21. Discuss the influence of dismantling quotes for garment exports on a Indian garment industry in the
post WTO era
Give an account of Export Documentation and Indian Export Policy.
Explain the process of fashion forecast.
24. Write about the export documentation procedure and Indian export policy in detail(16)
25. Give a detailed note on various promotion tools used in apparel industry (16)
26. Discuss in detail about various apparel promotion activities. (16)
UNIT –V- Classification of garment unit Owen
Part – A
1. Enlist the essential characteristics of a sports wear.
2. Differentiate outer wears from inner wears in terms of fabric specification
3. Classify the sportswear and suggest a suitable product mix for a sportswear manufacture in India with reasons.
4. Differentiate knits from woven in terms of merchandising.
5. What are the essential characteristics of medical wears?
6. Specify the materials required for producing laced lingerie’s and bridal wears.
7. Outline the basic difference between woven garment unit and knitted garment unit.
8. Enumerate the entrepreneurship skills required for effective management of apparel units.
9. What is meant by “Lingerie”?
10. Write the sources for the following finished products/raw materials.
11. Brief about the scope of Entrepreneurship in apparels.
12. Identify the elastomer being used for cuffs and collars in knitwear’s and enlist their sources.
13. How do you source raw material for an apparel industry.
14. Outline the organizational structure of knit garments industry.
15. Write about the difference between woven garment unit and sportswear manufacturing unit with relevance to style and production. (16)
16. Give a detailed note on entrepreneurship skills required for initiating a small scale apparel unit (16)
17. Explain the process of promoting an integrated knitwear unit producing export garments from yarn.(16)
18. Discuss the various aspects of entrepreneurship and highlight the different causes for the failure of entrepreneur. (16)
19. Elaborate on classification of garment units. (16)
20. Give a detailed note on Small Scale Industry. (16)
21. Explain the procedure of promoting a large scale garment unit to manufacture outer wears from both woven and knits. (16)
22. Explain the essential characteristics required for becoming a successful entrepreneur. (8)
23. Discuss the pros and cons of SSI units. (8)
24. Discuss the pros and cons of small scale apparel units vis-a-vis large sized units. (16)
25. Discuss the various points to be considered in promoting a woven garment unit at Coimbatore. (16)
26. Describe the different types of garment units. (16)
27. Elaborate on essential entrepreneurship skills required for apparel units. (16)