Department of fashion Technology
FT 2029 – APPAREL MERCHANDISING AND MARKETING
1. Sketch the life cycle pattern of a fashion wear.
2. Enlist the various factors to be considered while developing design for a fahion wear.
3. Distinguish between fashion and fad.
4. Brief on the role of a designer in fashion industry.
5. State the different types of apparel industry.
6. Mention the role of designers for product development.
1. Discuss the organizational structure of medium and large size apparel industry.
2. Discuss the effect of environment, people and economy on fashion trends.
3. Explain the different stages of fashion cycle with an example.
4. Discuss the various principles of fashion with particular reference to ladies knit wears.
5. Explain in detail the organization of apparel industry and various business concepts applied for apparel industry.
6. Give a detail account of the styles and distinctive characteristics of fashion.
1. Distinguish between buying house and export house.
2. What is the significance of route card drafting?
3. Differentiate between apparel(manufacture)merchandising and fashion merchandising.
4. Distinguish between byer and consumer.
5. State the principle of merchandising
6. State the principle of merchandising.
7. Enlist the types of merchandising.
8. What is apparel merchandising?
9. Explain time management in apparel merchandising.
1. State and explain the functions of merchandiser.
2. Discuss the various functions of an effective merchandiser.
3(a).Enumerate the specialities of a tirpur merchandiser. (b).Discuss the significance of visual merchandising.
4. Explain the various aspects of visual merchandising an discuss its impact on the consumers.
5. Explain the various functions performed by a merchandiser in Tirpur knit wear industry.
6. Discuss the following (i).Function of merchandising. (ii).Types of buyers.
7. What do you mean by merchandising? Explain in detail the types of merchandising.
1. Enlist the product line sratgies.
2. Enlist the various steps to be taken in the development of a new wear.
3. Differentiate between trade fairs and fashion shows.
4. What is meant by fashion forecasting?
5. Enlist the various factors influencing change in product mix.
6. What are the factors affecting the product mix.
7. How does one use the forecasting services?
1. Explain the various methods of fashion forecasting.
2. Discuss the various factors affecting the product mix decisions.
3. Explain the various stages of product development with examples.
4. Explain the different techniques of forecasting with particular reference to export garments.
5. Define the term forecasting and give a detailed account of trend forecasting and auxiliary services in apparel industries.
6(i).Explain the purpose of forecasting.
(ii).Write detailed notes on Trade fair and fashion shows for forecasting.
1. Define manufacturing resource planning.
2. What are the factors to be considered while souring fabrics for medical wears?
3. What is the important of supply chain management in garment manufacture?
4. What is the significance of QR and JIT approach in garment export business?
5. Define the term Sourcing.
6. What do you mean by resource planning?
1. Discuss different sourcing decisions pertaining to apparel merchandising.
2. Explain the role of logistics and supply chain management in practicing successfully Q.R and J.I.T
3(a).Describe the process of sourcing for the following garments. (i).Lacha
(ii).Slub yarn jeans.
4. Define the principles of MRP and explain its process with reference to apparel industry.
5. Discuss in detail the sourcing of raw material and accessories for apparel manufacturing process.
6. Write detailed notes on:
(i).Supply chain and demand chain analysis. (ii).Just in Time Technology.
1. Differentiate between primary data and secondary data in market research.
2. What are the points to be considered in fixing the advertising budget?.
3. What are various applications of marketing research with reference to marketing apparel products.
4. Brief on the influence of fashion shows in promoting fashion products.
5. What are the factors influencing the international and domestic markets?
6. Enlist the various computer tools used for effective merchandising.
1. Explain the market research procedure for introducing a medical wear.
2. Discuss the factors to be considered while choosing suitable media for advertising apparels.
3. Explain the various methods of apparel sales promotion with examples.
4. Discuss the different marketing strategies being followed by garment manufactures and marketers.
5. Define the term apparel industries .Explain about marketing strategies , market research and markets for apparel sector.
6. Write detailed note on: (i).Brand marketing
(ii).Advertising – Purpose, Method and Types of media. (iii).Communication