EE2151 CIRCUIT THEORY
(Common to EEE, EIE and ICE Branches)
UNIT I BASIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS 12
Ohm’s Law – Kirchoffs laws – DC and AC Circuits – Resistors in series and parallel circuits – Mesh current and node voltage method of analysis for D.C and A.C. circuits.
UNIT II NETWORK REDUCTION AND NETWORK THEOREMS FOR DC AND AC CIRCUITS: 12
Network reduction: voltage and current division, source transformation – star delta conversion.
Thevenins and Novton & Theorem – Superposition Theorem – Maximum power transfer theorem – Reciprocity Theorem.
UNIT III RESONANCE AND COUPLED CIRCUITS 12
Series and paralled resonance – their frequency response – Quality factor and Bandwidth - Self and mutual inductance – Coefficient of coupling – Tuned circuits – Single tuned circuits.
UNIT IV TRANSIENT RESPONSE FOR DC CIRCUITS 12
Transient response of RL, RC and RLC Circuits using Laplace transform for DC input and A.C. with sinusoidal input.
UNIT V ANALYSING THREE PHASE CIRCUITS 12
Three phase balanced / unbalanced voltage sources – analysis of three phase 3-wire and 4-wire circuits with star and delta connected loads, balanced & un balanced – phasor diagram of voltages and currents – power and power factor measurements in three phase circuits.
TOTAL :60 PERIODS TEXT BOOKS:
1. William H. Hayt Jr, Jack E. Kemmerly and Steven M. Durbin, “Engineering Circuits Analysis”,Tata McGraw Hill publishers, 6 edition, New Delhi, (2002).
2. Sudhakar A and Shyam Mohan SP, “Circuits and Network Analysis and Synthesis”,Tata McGraw Hill, (2007).
1. Paranjothi SR, “Electric Circuits Analysis,” New Age International Ltd., New Delhi, (1996).
2. Joseph A. Edminister, Mahmood Nahri, “Electric circuits”, Schaum’s series, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi (2001).
3. Chakrabati A, “Circuits Theory (Analysis and synthesis), Dhanpath Rai & Sons, New Delhi, (1999).
4. Charles K. Alexander, Mathew N.O. Sadik, “Fundamentals of Electric Circuits”, Second Edition, McGraw Hill, (2003).