B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL/MAY 2010
Computer Science and Engineering
MA2262 — PROBABILITY AND QUEUEING THEORY (Regulation 2008)
(Common to Information Technology)
Time: Three hours
Maximum: 100 Marks
Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 * 2 = 20 Marks)
1. Obtain the mean for a Geometric random variable.
2. What is meant by memoryless property? Which continuous distribution follows this property?
3. Give a real life example each for positive correlation and negative correlation.
4. State central limit theorem for independent and identically distributed (iid)
5. Is a Poisson process a continuous time Markov chain? Justify your answer.
Download : Click Here to download Full Question Paper